Trinity Episcopal Church
It is the oldest church building now standing in the town of Edgefield and perhaps the oldest brick building in the area. Trinity Episcopal Church was built on land deeded by Edmund B. Bacon to the Wardens and Vestrymen on September 15, 1835 and the building was completed in 1836.
The Episcopalians first held their services in private homes, and afterward in the Methodist Church. In 1886, a Victorian church tower was added. Then, in 1951, the upper portion of the tower was replaced by the present steeple. Significant memorials in the church include stained glass windows. One of them is titled “The Good Samaritan” and is dedicated to the memory of Col. James T. Bacon, a long time organist at Trinity and editor of The Edgefield Advertiser and the Edgefield Chronicle newspapers.
313 Simpkins Street
Edgefield, SC 29824