2018 Christmas Parade Entry Form
The 45th Annual Edgefield Christmas Parade
Sunday, December 2, 2018 - 3:00 PM
Parade Rules and Regulations
Entries must observe all applicable rules and regulations or be barred from the parade. The Edgefield Christmas Parade Committee reserves the right to remove from the parade, at any time, any entrant not conforming to rules and regulations or any entrant refusing to follow instructions of police or parade officials. All entries must be approved by the Christmas Parade Committee.
- Deadline for parade entries is Monday, November 26, 2018.
- All entries must be in place by 2:00 PM.
- All entries must be decorated. We encourage music and lights, be creative the day of the parade. Decorate to win a category!
- There must be an adult on floats where there are children.
- No Santa Claus suits allowed. Santa will be the last entry in the parade. Inflatable Santa’s, Santa hats, etc. are allowed.
- Parade participants should ask their own insurance agents if their insurance offers them sufficient protection while their units are in the parade. You must have proof of liability vehicle insurance.
- Individuals and organizations are expected to perform courteously, in good taste, and with safety in mind at all times during the parade.
- It is the responsibility of parents with children participating in the parade to make necessary arrangements to have children met and picked-up at designated points.
- No one will get on or off a float or entry once it has started down the parade route.
- All parade applications must be signed.
- No parade participant will be allowed to have a loaded firearm at any time.
- NO SMOKING OR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON ANY PARADE ENTRY AT ANY TIME BEFORE OR DURING THE PARADE!!! SAFETY COMES FIRST!!
- Lone riders will not be permitted in the parade. Anyone wishing to ride a horse in the parade must be affiliated with and ride with an approved group, and provide their own pooper-scoopers. If this is not followed your group will not be allowed to participate again.
- FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR SPECTATORS - PARADE ENTIRES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO THROW CANDY. HOWEVER; CANDY IS WELCOME AND MAY BE HANDED TO THE SPECTATORS BY A WALKER.
- Entries will only be allowed 1 minute to perform for judges!
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS